New Year’s Resolutions come in many different shapes and sizes. I like to spend some time before heading into the new school year, thinking about…
- things that went well
- things that could have done better
- my work/life balance
- work aspirations for the next year
- personal aspirations for the next year
- relationships in work
- personal relationships
- confidence in skill
- how am I feeling about work right now?
- how am I feeling about my personal life right now?
The new year is a great time to set some long and short term goals. I like to think about the long-term goals that I have for my classroom, then set attainable short term goals. Some goals can be met in a month, but typically I give myself 2-3 months to attain each short term goal! This will get you to spring break, which is another time to re-think these goals!
My long term goals professionally are:
- better differentiation of instruction that is pre-planned and ready to go for much of core curriculum
- more communication with families regularly
My long term goals personally are:
- spend at least 6 days a week for 2 hours each day at the gym!
These goals will help keep me centered and focused on the changes that I want to make!